top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the difference between a Registered Dietitian and a nutritionist?
    Registered Dietitians (RDs) are regulated professional healthcare providers who must meet educational and training requirements to be accepted by their respective dietetic colleges. Training includes an undergraduate university degree in nutrition and a supervised dietetic internship. RDs are held at a high standard to deliver evidence-based nutrition information and care. Whereas “nutritionist” is an unregulated term that can be used by anyone regardless of their formal nutrition training.
  • Who can see Rebecca for Nutrition one-on-one counseling services?
    Rebecca is licensed with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and can provide RD services to Ontario residents as well as those from other Canadian provinces including Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador. Those living outside of these Canadian provinces may be eligible for nutrition counseling. Please use the contact form to find out if your location qualifies.
  • Do you provide in-person nutrition counseling appointments?
    At this time, all sessions are virtual.
  • Are Registered Dietitians’ services covered by OHIP or private insurance?
    Registered Dietitian services are not covered by OHIP but many extended health benefit insurance plans cover RD services.
  • How many sessions will I need?
    All clients are required to have an initial appointment. Follow-up appointments are typically 40 minutes and the frequency of follow-ups varies depending on each client’s needs. The first follow-up appointment is typically within one to two weeks of the initial appointment and further follow-ups can range from weekly to every three months.
bottom of page